Seattle Rain

Friday, December 27, 2013

Skirt: c/o Gypsy Threads
Shirt: H&M
Watch: c/o Arvo
Boots: Forever 21
Necklace: Wet Seal [similar]

Hello Seattle, I am a mountaineer
In the hills and highlands

Oh, Owl City.
How you fill me with memories of freshman year.

Gonna admit, I was bummed when it started raining while we were taking pictures, but the end results look amazing! The combination of light and rain give the photos such a rustic, vintage vibe. Don't you think? Seattle has been amazing. I just love how everything is fresh and green--I'd take rain over snow any day, to be honest. These pictures were actually taken in Connor's backyard. Yes. His backyard. This kid got to grow up playing tag in a fortress.
Lucky punk.

The skirt I am wearing for this look is from the adorable online shop, Gypsy Threads! Gypsy Threads is actually based in Seattle, so I thought it was pretty perfect that I was wearing their apparel in their hometown! I've been looking for a faux leather skirt for a long time, but all the ones I've found previously hardly covered my butt! This skirt from Gypsy Threads is the perfect length and it's so ridiculously comfortable! The fabric is stretchy so I don't feel constricted even though it's high waisted!

You should definitely check out Gypsy Threads for all your Stylista needs! They've got a great selection of unique vintage apparel that will spice up your wardrobe.

Hope everyone's Christmas was lovely!
Next up, New Year's Eve partayyyyyy time.
Gotta start workin on them resolutions.....


  1. That skirt is amazing! Perfect in combination with the beige top and golden necklace, LOVE!

    X Sara

    http://windowonmywardrobe.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful skirt! Just added a couple things to my wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your skirt! The color and length are so sophisticated!!
    ~Sara
    Sincerely, Sara

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pictures came out so pretty! I love this outfit! I've been really wanting a leather skirt like that!

    Kristin
    crumbsandcurls.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the color combo of burgundy and camel/beige :)
    xx Stephanie (www.stephaniesstyleblog.com)

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely skirt!
    xo Jessica
    www.NewlyLoved.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great simple and pretty outfit! I am so glad you linked up at "Fashion item Friday". I love your skirt. It is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I give you so many props for trying to take pictures in the rain, but on top of that they look so gorgeous! Love the simple outfit with the beautiful backdrop :]

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh if I could pull of leather like you! Definitely missing that Northwest rain and cold weather. Hawaii is just humid with tons of sunshine. As much as I love that.. I'm missing the mainland's weather too. I saw you're from Hawaii too! Yay for Hawaii girls :) What island are you from??

    Leanna

    lilismilee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this outfit! I also am adoring the scenery-it looks like you are in some fairytale land, haha.


    Xo, Kelsey

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this outfit - so stylish and the photo's are beautiful - I think the rain adds a real romantic feel to the images. Really want that necklace - so chic
    Just popping over from Fridays Fab Favourites linky

    Laura x
    www.sidestreetstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. love that skirt! definitely going to check out gypsy threads since i'm in seattle too! :)

    xo.
    jenn @ hello, rigby!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You look lovely. I like the length and silhouette of the skirt as well as the color. I checked out Gypsy Threads online store. Their items are charming and affordable. Great recommendation.

    Sharon
    http://www.afashioncrowd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. you have the hair of a goddess! so jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am totally in love with this look, it is so perfect. Such a stylish skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You're my new hero! I kid you not...I have been obsessively searching the internet for the past several days looking for the perfect faux leather skirt that wasn't too long or too short and you found it for me! Now i have to decide between wine and black...
    Debbie
    www.fashionfairydust.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your style is amazing. I really, really love it! I just read like ten posts of yours and I can't' tell you how much I identify with your style! I am following you now!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my god, I would love to comment on your wonderful outfit but your hair is stunning!!!! This is the conversation I just had with my housemate.

    Me : Oh man, this girls hair is beautiful (I tilt laptop to her)
    Her : Wow. It'll be extensions.. right?
    Me : I don't know.
    Her : It must be. Nobody's hair is that long and thick. Please say it is, it makes me feel better.
    Me : I'll ask her.

    So, here is me asking you if that is your real hair, and if it is then please tell me your secrets to such beautiful locks!!!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your outfit, such a pretty skirt and hair :)
    Merrie @ www.PetiteCareerGirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Ariel, I found your blog through Marsa's, and I have to say, I adore your style and blog!
    Cute leather skirt you're wearing here, and I love the effect of the rain throughout your photos :)

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  21. LOVE that skirt! Looks absolutely gorgeous on you!

    The Style Storm
    <3, Christina

    ReplyDelete
  22. First of all, you are so pretty! and i love the skirt! lovely pictures girlie!
    -Diana
    YeesdearBlog

    ReplyDelete
  23. How beautiful is your outfit?!!! I love your hair and skirt! I am glad I found your blog! I would love if you would follow me back! I just started this whole fashion blog thing:)
    xoxo
    Kendra
    http://fashionstylingbykendra.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks for linking up to Your Whims Wednesday, I featured you on my blog this week! Come stop by and grab a featured button :) http://www.mygirlishwhims.com/2013/12/your-whims-wednesday-144-and-features.html

    ReplyDelete
  25. You look beautiful! Love your skirt!

    Xo,
    Rachel Ashley
    http://fashionablyliving.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. so we decided through today's topic To talk quickly and useful about the seriousness of such insects in our homes and how we can eliminate them and what is the best modern way in combating insects Follow us: -شركة مكافحة حشرات

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! I love reading all of your comments!